Yukiko Forever!

A blog dedicated to dumping my music library
and other oddities
I do the internet footwork so you don't have to.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Remember back in the days?

The Grizzly Mountain Boys (circa 2007)

Wu-Tang Clan said it best:

"Yo, remember back in the days? [. . .] everything was lovely"

Of course, for me as well, everything was lovely. Chattanooga, my hometown, is a boiling cauldron of putrid shit when it comes to [popular] music and I don't mean that in a good way. This region is full of bullshit scene bands, such bullshit I can't even describe.

However, here are two bands from my hometown, the only really good output from the city in my recollection. Both projects have since been abandoned by their respective members for newer shittier groups in the "Scenic City" (wtf, Scenic? Really?).

Download The Grizzly Mountain Boys' Dub Edition

Download Lioplurodon (I don't even know what this release is called)

p.s. I always like to boast that the 3 instrumentalists in TGMB went to my high school. True shit, they all went to a bullshit Christian private school, they attended before my time however.

p.s.s. Both bands have the same vocalist. TGMB recruited a new screamer after the time of these recordings; shortly before they started to blow and changed their name.

No comments:

Post a Comment